Competition team Program-
Come learn and train to fight under a professional fight team!
‘Competition ‘Team M.A.D’ Program’
This is a program that is specifically designed to turn you into a fighter or further your journey as a fighter. It is a program that requires Hard work, Commitment and enjoyment for your sport. You don’t have to have any experience as a fighter however you must have the above qualities. If you are a fighter or have been training as a fighter then this will be the start of an exciting new journey!
What is special about ‘Team M.A.D’?
Team M.A.D has had many UFC champions and fighters training on our mats, most notable names include, UFC Superstar BJ Penn, UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson, UFC Welterweight fighter Martin Kampmann, UFC Middleweight fighter Brad Tavares, MMA legend Matt ‘The Law’ Lindland and others.
We have had many world champion full time coaches teaching our students, some include a BJJ World Champion, Judo world champion, National BJJ champion, world renowned Muay Thai Coach.
The gym has held the TUFFA featherweight title with Glenn Taylor-Smith (coach and fighter at M.A.D). We have also had Team M.A.D MMA fighter Thanh Vu who made it to the semi finals for the ONE FC Bantamweight GP in Asia, fighting in front of millions of people worldwide against the best in Asia on the second biggest MMA show in the world with ONLY 3 years training at Team M.A.D.
We regularly host world class seminars, in the past we have hosted seminars with MMA and Greco Roman Legend Matt Lindland, The Penn Brothers, BJJ legend Mario Sperry, BJJ world champion Marcelino Freitas, Xtreme Couture coach Dennis Davis, Top 10 Middleweight UFC prospect Brad Tavares, to name a few.
Coaches/Owners David and Glenn Taylor-Smith have been competing in MMA since 2007, they have travelled the world training with the best coaches and sparring/training with some of the best fighters in MMA, also many Australian up and coming MMA fighters seek training assistance with them.
We are a Team Quest MMA gym. We are the only Team Quest MMA gym in Australia. Team Quest is one of the most successful MMA gyms in the world, they are based out of the USA. Co-founder Matt Lindland has trained Coaches David and Glenn in their training systems and M.A.D work closely with Team Quest.
What do you get under Fighter training program?
- Personalised and detailed coaching from experienced fight trainers in their chosen disciplines. We design the Pad work, strength and conditioning programs, sparring with experienced sparring partners/fighters, and structured training schedules.
- Our coaches have competed before in MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Judo, and BJJ. It is very important to have coaches who have competed, they need to know what you feel and what you will feel, emotions and the physical side of a fight and training. These coaches will ensure you will perform and train to your best!
- We will provide you with our team sponsorships so that you will get looked after with training gear and supplements needed to perform to your best.
- First access to our public and private seminars hosted at Martial Arts Development with world renowned coaches and fighters.
- Access to top coaches and our fight shows and training networks, (domestic and international) .Fighters are managed through the team so that you don’t have to worry about business issues, just focus on training. Team M.A.D is a very well internationally and domestically connected gym.
- Scheduled training sessions with the team. To ensure you never have to be train by yourself or without a trainer.
What do we expect from you under our Fighter Training program?
COMMITMENT! You will commit to our training schedule, you will attend classes that are required, if you want to reach your potential you must commit to your training programs and coaches requirements.
LOYALTY! You train and fight for Team M.A.D, there is no training at multiple gyms, you train and fight as a Team.
100% EFFORT! You come to training and give the training your best, listen to your coaches, work with your team mates always with 100% effort and focused work ethic.
GOOD ATTITUDE! Train hard, have fun, show humility in training, and ALWAYS be a team player.
Does this sound like a program for you?
Email us with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and express your interest in being involved in this program. If you have any previous training or fight experience please mention that as well! You will be required to attend an interview with the coaches and then discuss the training scheduling so that it is flexible for you and our coaches. The next stage will be to sign an agreement outlining your requirements and our expectations in training and of course then, get training!